Recently the company I work for, Sunkissed and Made Up, joined forces with the fabulous Ling Wang Photography for a fun tutorial on a romantic messy braid. I absolutely love loose, whimsical hair that comes together as effortlessly perfect and I think we achieve that with this look. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
1. Start with hair down and a deep side part
2. Begin a classic three strand braid starting from the side part
3. Pick up alternating pieces of hair to form a classic French braid
4. Be sure to use even-width sections and pull from both sides of the hair, leaving a few pieces around the face out for added softness
5. Braid all the way down to the end of the hair, leaving about 1.5 inches on the bottom and secure with an elastic
6. You should be left with a relatively tight, side French braid
7. Begin loosening the braid by pulling out different sections of the braid, then wrap a small piece of hair around your elastic and secure with a bobby pin in the back
8. And you’re done! Loosen as much or as little as you want based on your desired look and spray with a medium hold hairspray
(model: Chelsea Burns of Sunkissed & Made Up; makeup: Taylor deClercq of Sunkissed & Made Up; photographer: Ling Wang Photography; hands: yours truly)
Hope you enjoyed!